Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Taking It Out Of Me.



Roberto Matta.

The last couple of days have really taken it out of me, especially yesterday at the hospital.

It was pretty awful lying there, with three doctors and two nurses trying to insert a new catheter into my bladder.

It was very painful, although not as painful as it could have been, but luckily I don't feel quite as much because of my paralysis.

What I did feel was not pleasant, what helps me enormously is being able to distance myself from what is happening.

I'm glad I'm able to shut myself off from what is going on when I don't like what is happening.

This piece is going to be no longer than this because I'm still pretty tired after yesterday's visit to the hospital.

Tomorrow is another day, when I hope to be feeling better, I shall place this on my blog together with another excellent piece of artwork by Roberto Matta.

3 comments:

Travelogue for the Universe said...

Hope you feel better soon. Love, mary

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad,

Sorry it's been so awful, and glad you are back home, I hope it stays calm now and no more hospital visits.

:)

Gareth said...

BIG SOOTHING LOVE@HUGS P@GXXX

YA GOT CHEESE@CRACKERS COMING:)