Thursday, September 27, 2012

An Enjoyable Day.



Roberto Matta.

It is really pleasant having Richie's sister Aud visiting us, she arrived quite late last night; it was really lovely to see again.

The dogs of course got overexcited when the doorbell rang and they were even more excited when Aud arrived at our apartment door.

We started talking immediately and were having such good fun that we stayed up much later than we meant to, all of us very tired but also extremely happy.

Richie gave me my baclofen tablets with freshly pressed orange juice at 10.00; he also had a delicious Pakistani honey mango for my breakfast.

Then he massaged my right arm after which we started doing my arm exercises, I my left arm Richie my right arm.

Followed by my leg exercises as well as massage after which Richie hoisted me out of bed and into the shower chair.

After a lovely shower, I was dressed, perfumed and returned back to bed to await the arrival of the rehabilitation clinic doctor and the wound nurse.

Milou, the wound nurse brought Dr. Janneke Stolwijk for a second opinion, Richie rolled me slightly to the left, so that they could get a good look at the wound.

Dr Stolwijk decided that she would have to remove a piece of hard skin which was stopping the wound healing, it took seconds but felt much longer.

Then Milou and Janneke left again after 15 minutes, most of which was spent talking and laughing, which really helped take my mind off what was happening.

Once they were gone, Richie made some delicious celeriac soup with crispy croutons, which was very good.

Aud brought a selection of English cheeses for us, which we sampled, there was Shropshire Blue, Double Gloucester, Wensleydale, Lakeland Cheddar Leicester all of them extremely tasty.

Richie has just got back from shopping and came straight in to tell me that he had bought a whole hake; we will have fish, chips and peas for dinner this evening.

It was a lovely being showered and dressed by 12.00 and back in bed ready to enjoy the entire afternoon with Aud and Richie and of course the dogs.

Before I do that I shall find a piece of artwork by Roberto Matta and post this on my blog, then I can enjoy the rest of the day, which I'm looking forward to.


1 comment:

Diane J Standiford said...

Sounds WONDERFUL! I wish I could visit with you, no, not just for the food! :)