Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Sunshine In My Life.

Salvador Dali.


Life is getting extremely difficult for me right now, and that is because my spine is becoming more deformed, so it's difficult for me to sit straight.

Richie does his best to get me sitting well-balanced, however it's not easy to achieve this, usually within minutes it's not good anymore.

This happened again today, Richie spent ages trying to get me sitting in a balanced position.

After about 15 minutes, he got the result he wanted and raised the head of the bed, so I could sit up.

By the time he put my computer table in front of me with the laptop on it, my position had changed and I was slumped to the left.

It is extremely frustrating for both of us and uncomfortable as well as quite painful when I can't maintain my position for more than a few minutes.

When I got the bed supports near the end of February, they worked well and I did not need so many adjustments.

That lasted until May when I started to need Richie’s help more often and this has been becoming more frequent since June.

My problems maintaining my position becomes much worse when the temperature goes beyond 22°.

Today the weather is not a problem for me, the lack of muscles, and my crooked spine are.

This is not easy to cope with, for either Richie nor for me, we do our best to cope, which is all we can do.

Richie is brilliant at devising strategies that help me; he makes life better for me despite all the difficulties of living with a progressive disease like Multiple Sclerosis.

Richie is the sunshine in my life, being here with him makes life good and motivates me to keep making the best of everything and enjoy the moment.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice tribute to a caregiver! I am sure Richie deserves the praise and more!

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick

KParthasarathi said...

I have no words to express adequately my admiration for Ritchie.I hold him very high esteem.You are mighty fortunate to have him.A blessing indeed.
I wish and pray things get better for you
warm regards

Judy said...

Hugs and love to you and Richie.

Herrad said...

Hello Patrick,
I agree Richie deserves a lot of praise and much more too.

Hello KP,
thank you for your lovely comment about my Darling Richie. I am very fortunate indeed to be sharing my life with him.

Hello Judy,
lovely to see your comment, hugs and love to you too.

Thank you to 3 lovely friends coming by leaving comments is much appreciated.
Love Herrad