Friday, October 28, 2011

Enjoy The Evening.


Marcelino Vespeira.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcelino_Vespeira

Every day is different, or so I thought, however again today, I find myself waiting for Welzorg, Richie banged into the door frame and the bracket supporting the arm rest sheered off.


I phoned Welzorg right away and have been waiting since 12.30; I have rung a couple of times, nearly lost hope only for the doorbell to go and the engineer from Welzorg to arrive at 15 minutes before 17.00.


I am so happy that someone could get here I was told they could send someone between 13.00 to 17.00.


Sadly the engineer hasn’t got the exact replacement for the bit that broke off, so he has improvised a temporary fix and ordered replacement parts.


What a tremendous relief that it’s done now and I can get into the wheelchair and spend the evening in the front room.


Before today’s wheelchair drama, I had good appointment with Kees from Aquarius.

Kees will use the same technique Summit used to make my wheelchair seat, hopefully this happens soon.

All I need now is to get better wheelchair steering, so Richie has better control of the wheelchair and going out will be safe.

First I will get Richie to put me in the  wheelchair, so I  can enjoy some time out of my bed, this evening.

5 comments:

Webster said...

I thought you had already done your seat. Gee whiz. I hope they can improve the steering soon! Just in time for Winter! Aargh.

Herrad said...

hi webster,
this is to get something that will provide me with adequate support in bed which the cushion from quattron does not provide.
love,
herrad

Herrad said...

ps you are right, the steering will be here in the middle of winter.

Travelogue for the Universe said...

Glad you got back in the saddle!Have a great weekend! Love, Mary

Herrad said...

hi mary,
thanks, no sun but its a pleasant day.
have a relaxing weekend.
love,
herrad