Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Support Urgently Needed.


Violaine
 Benoist-Gironniere

On Monday I was optimistic, I thought Maurits, my occupational therapist, understood that I urgently needed better support to sit in bed.

Richie and I showed him exactly where I need to be supported, when he left, Maurits was going to find a company that would help me with my support problems when sitting in bed.

Great I thought, until he sent me a link to a company that have cushions to help you lie better but had nothing to support me sitting.

I couldn’t believe it when I got the mail from Maurits, instantly I felt abandoned, not a nice feeling at all, especially when I need urgent help.

Seems that Maurits, hasn’t got a clue about where to look for support for me in bed, so, I have been looking for companies, which make such support, so I can sit properly supported in bed.

I can’t believe that I am surfing the net looking for solutions, when Maurits, has a PHD in Occupational Therapy, should be knowledgeable and be able to find the relevant company.

What is also incredible s that I asked for help to find a solution to my problems trying to maintain a good sitting position in bed and my therapist is looking for the opposite.

This leaves me feeling thoroughly unsupported; I hope that I can find a company that can provide me with this much needed support.

Support which would be wonderful as I am experiencing quite a lot of pain, discomfort because I can’t sit up, I constantly corkscrew and collapse to the left side of the bed.






5 comments:

Webster said...

I'm sure Mauritz is busy, and didn't realize the link he sent you didn't have what you need. E-mail him back right away, Herrad, and tell him what you told us, that you NEED HIS HELP. You have no time to waste with disappointment here.

You are so kind and patient with your caregivers. Richie is the only one who deserves it. Hugs to you both.

Anonymous said...

Keeping frustration &(justified) impatience in check must be very difficult. I do not think I could do as well of a job of it as you do. It is hard to thrive with that sort of pressure. But I know some emotions must(at times)assail & overwhelm. ~Mary

Herrad said...

hi webster,
maurits knew i needed support to sit.
i did mail him to tell him what i need so far not a word back.
i will mail again.
you are right richie deserves praaise not the theraapists.

hi mary,
it is very difficult, not doing well this week.
feel very let down, will tell maurits.

thanks both of you for coming by.
love,
herrad

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....oh sh.t not again. Am sorry for this disaster, no one should be left flapping in the wind. I don't know what to look for but I'll start searching to, I'll send you anything that seem promising, hopefully it won't be a dead end?

Take care.....
look out for my emails.
rhapsody

Herrad said...

hi rhapsody,
thanks for your visit, comment and all the links you sent which i sent to maurits.
really appreciate all your efforts for me.
hugs.
love,
herrad