Saturday, October 01, 2011

I Am Enjoying Today Immensely.




Diane, 1977.
Mimi Parent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimi_Parent


Today has started well, when I got my left arm out from under the blanket, both arms were cramped up, my fingers were splayed, twisted.

Moving my left arm caused my right arm to fold rigidly over my chest, it was painful, and no way would I be able to hold onto the handle, my arm couldn’t stretch out far enough.

Instead I decide to manipulate my fingers, massage them, then tried to stretch my arms, left was good, right still tightly folded.

Eventually I held the rail around the bed with my left hand, then I also tried to hold the rail with my right hand, it took me some time, but I finally succeeded in holding the rail.

Then I managed to stretch my muscles, by stretching my arms as far down the rail as possible.

As soon as I could feel the difference I reached out and held the handle, at that moment, Richie came in and shared my delight that I was doing the arm exercises on my own.

Yippee I did  it on my own, no help needed, not today, I would prefer if it were like that every day, but even once a week would be good.

I am very happy having done all my arm exercises, nice to get such a boost, especially when I thought I couldn’t do them on my own again.

Obviously I mustn’t assume anything, nice to notice that a bad day does not mean there won’t be good days too, good days like today which I am enjoying tremenously

8 comments:

Travelogue for the Universe said...

Thumbs up! love, mary

Herrad said...

hi mary,
thanks
love herrad

Webster said...

And it all happens because you don't give up. I'm happy for you, Herrad. Have a nice Sunday.

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

Well halleujah and congratufrigginglations! hell yah, girl every small victory has to be celebrated. I can just imagine the burst of pride you felt. You go girl, keep up the good work. May more blessings flow your way and continue to come endlessly.

peace.
Rhapsody

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

Blessings again, just stopped by to say i have a ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD for you, please stop by and pick it up. thanks

Gareth said...

Hi there great to read the highs as well as the lows.
LOVE@HUGS GXXX

Herrad said...

hi webster,
thanks, i can't give up not while i can do my arm exercises.
my sunday was good, i hope yours was too.

hi rhapsody,
thanks, i celebrated with trini rum, a small glass of Vat 19 fernandes rum.
it feels good to be able to move my arms.
thanks for your award, i will visit soon and
collect.

hi gareth,
i am so glad about the highs too.

thanks you 3 lovely friends for coming by, good to see your comments.
have a good week.
love,
herrad

JC said...

Just stopping by to say 'HELLO'. I've been super busy during the Summer and will now be blogging more. I'll check in on you from time to time. Just know I'm thinking of you even if I'm not visiting.

JC ^,,^