Wednesday, August 10, 2011

An Easier Life.



 
 Erna Rosenstein.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erna_Rosenstein
 
 I have been in the front room since 12 noon; Richie got me out of bed at 11 for a lovely shower.

This afternoon I had an appointment with an optician, and wanted to be ready before time.

The optician did not arrive until 14 and was here until 15.27, it was a thorough measuring session.

Something that did not occur when my eyes were measured in January, then the optician was here for 15 minutes.

It was not surprising when the glasses turned out to be much too strong for my eyes; the optician came back and measured my eyes again.

Sadly the glasses were only nearly good, but not quite good enough as I had to squint to read.

If only that optician had been more thorough like this one, if he had also used an eye chart and not just his computer, he would have tested my eyes with various lenses.

Then he would have noticed that I needed slightly more than he gave me, which I needed to read without squinting.

Another two weeks and I will get my new glasses which should make my life much easier than it is right now, here’s to an easier life.



4 comments:

Webster said...

Getting new eye-glasses with a better prescription *does* make life much better, doesn't it? Hoping the next two weeks fly by for you.

Herrad said...

Hi Webster,
You are right the new prescription for my new specs will make all the difference.
I am sure the 2 weeks will fly by.

Have a pleasant day dear friend.
Love,
Herrad

janis said...

2 weeks? why on earth does everything take so long for you? Is it just I am use to a much faster pace in the US? I always get my specs in a few days. I am so lucky!
Have a great day dear Herrad~

Herrad said...

Hi Janis,
Usually takes time here, mind you my new spcs took one day last year.
I need a new adaptation to my wheelchsair, this was discussed in May, just heard that i will get an appopintment week after next.
Usually things needing the go ahesd from the town council take two months.
Love,
Herrad