Friday, May 13, 2011

A Sad Friday Without My Blog On Blogger.


Roland Penrose.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_Penrose

Yesterday late I suddenly could not access my blog on Blogger that was most disconcerting, I assumed as there was a message saying unavailable but that it would be back later.

How wrong of me to think that whatever had prompted the lack of service would have been resolved by today.

Sadly this is not the case; I keep getting the message that Blogger is not available and no more information than that.

This is tremendously frustrating, right now the only access that I have to my blog is read only.

Yesterdays post, although it was published is not visible and all my posts from 2006 to yesterday are out of my reach.

I can not access my blog for the first time since I started it in 2006 because a newly built swimming pool was not accessible to people in wheelchairs.

Despite getting money, also a European subsidy, they took the money and then did not make the main entrance accessible.

Instead they were still building an entrance at the back of the building for the handicapped to use the pool.
When I did finally get in I found a building that was not set up for the needs of people in wheelchairs.

Very disappointed about the pool, the good thing is that it stimulated me to start my blog and given me 5 years of pleasure as well as friendship and support from other bloggers.

I  hope to access my blog on Blogger soon.

Here is the information from Blogger:
Blogger Status
Friday, May 13, 2011
To get Blogger back to normal, all posts since 7:37am PDT on Weds, 5/11 have been temporarily removed. We expect everything to be back to normal soon. Sorry for the delay.
 
It took 21 hours and suddenly it was back, yipee.

9 comments:

Ana said...

Yippee! Yippee!
You survived too! Good job!
lol
I was very upset too.
Hope you are fine my sweet Herrad.
Love always,
Ana

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't they have to make it wheel-chair accessible? Of course, "have to" and doing it can be VERY different things.
I am sorry. ~Mary

cubanrick said...

I had the same situation going on, I had to wait till today when I got back from the neuro's office

Herrad said...

Hi Ana,
Thanks for your visit great to see/get your comment.
It was horrible not having access really not nice.
I am ok, hope you are doing well and no longer in pain.
Love to you too.

Hi Mary,
They did eventually make it accessible but the whole place has been designed for people who are mobile.

Hi Ricardo,
Horrible being cut of, I hated it, especially having to be patient and stay calm. not easy.
Thanks for coming by good to meet you.
I have visited your 2 blogs and have become a follower will try to visit often as I can, recently not managed to visit anyone.

Thanks to you 3 lovely friends for coming by, brilliant to get your comments.
Have a pleasant weekend.
Love,
Herrad

Che koala said...

agree, was quite surprised to find blogger out of action - but made me realise how very rare a thing that for such a large system.

And means I have not learnt about how you came to blog originally, Herrad - which I would likely not have found out if blogger hadn't gone down.

Glad it's back though.
Take care

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

Blessings....
I know what you mean, it seems they were doing updates. I lost some of my comments on my current post, not too please but there is little I can do about it. I simply issued and apology to my friends who may have left comments because i didn't want them to know think that there opinions and comments were just carelessly disregarded.

Judy said...

I feel like I'm part of a world-wide community of survivors of the blogger melt-down. What an experience! I'm glad you're able to post again.
Judy

janis said...

so glad we got it back!
that was scary!
lovely weekend to you Herrad!

Herrad said...

Hi Chekoala,
Agree with you that it was surprising Blogger was not available for so long.
Glad it came back.

Hi Rhapsody,
I found the whole experience worrying, thought I had been locked out of my blog.

Hi Judy,
Glad we all survived the meltdown, a horrible experience.

Hi Janis,
Agree I too am glad we all regained access to our blogs.
That was very scary.

Thanks to you 4 lovely friends for coming by.
Glad we all survived the lockout from our blogs, that was a horrible 21 hours.
Love,
Herrad