Friday, April 15, 2011

Fun Friday.


 
Necessary Bandages, 1942.
Emmy Bridgewater.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmy_Bridgwater
Today the post brought two parcels; one contained a pair of high heeled black patent platform ankle boots that I bid for on EBay for 4, 45 pounds.

Never had shoes like these, the heels are 11 cm high, I can hardly imagine me in heels like that.

Tomorrow I will try them out, when we go out to the market, which will be good fun, almost need shiny trousers to go with them.

The second parcel contained 9 small packets of tamarind balls, made in Couva, Trinidad from Trini Food com http://www.trinifood.com/.

A wonderful taste of home, Trini tamarind balls, nice to taste them again, Richie’s are excellent, I just wanted ones from Trinidad for one time.

My father was born in Couva, so it was funny to click on them and find out that was where they came from.

The later on the postman called again, this time with a vintage poster of the film The Attack of the 50 Foot Woman.

Great fun Richie stuck it on the bathroom door, which has totally changed how that room looks.

Nice to be surprised by all three parcels arriving on the same morning, really enjoyed Richie opening them, it was fun.





  

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh those boots sound like fun Herrad. I really miss wearing outrageous shoes!
Cheers

Herrad said...

Hi Karen,
The boots are great they really are, suddenly realised sitting in a wheelchair meant I could wear outrageous shoes I want to and I intend to.
Thanks for coming by good to see your comment.
Love,
Herrad