Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rainy Wednesday

Today has been a grey, rainy day which was a shame as the recent sunny days have been rather pleasant.

This afternoon I had an appointment with Annelies, my advisor from the Council’s Disability unit and Percy, Arjan from Welzorg.

To discuss my problems with the joystick on my wheelchair, this requires quite a lot of effort for me to use it.

There is another joystick which requires less effort than the one I have right now which is too much work for me.

Sadly the wheelchair will have to be taken to their workshop near the German border, two hours from here

The wheelchair will be gone for several days, which was not good news as the idea of not being able to sit for days is not acceptable.

 I hope they can do it quicker, say collect it one day and return it to me the next day, but not four days without being able to sit.

Welzorg recently lost their monopoly to supply mobility aids via local councils, in Amsterdam they no longer will supply aids to the Rehabilitation Clinic and other places, which has meant they have had to close their local workshop in Haarlem.

Shame for them, for the loss of many of their lucrative contracts, may be thanks to way they treated their vulnerable customers.







4 comments:

Pretty Zesty said...

We are supposed to get quite the storm tonight... I so want the warm weather. This winter was too much!

Webster said...

Herrad, life is just one damned thing after another, isn't it? Do not let this get you down. Sit up in bed as well as you can and enjoy the four days from there. I'm sorry your hand is getting weaker.

Jeanie said...

This is just too cruel! Why, oh why, can they not leave you with a chair until yours gets returned?
We now have grey skies too, here in the English Lakes, Herrad.
Yesterday was so cold and windy as well as wet. The poor cherry blossom is being battered about but still clinging on tenaciously. Thank the lord!
Here's to a speedy return of your mobility chair, and to spring like weather so you can sit outside some more.
Jeanie xx

Herrad said...

Hi Kris,
I hope the storm came and went without any problems and the weather is getting better for you.

Hi Webster,
I shall do my best, my fingers stopped working last night but ok now.

Hi Jeanie,
That was my question to them, surely they have a w/chair I could use in those 4 days.
Sadly they never seem to have their clients needs in mind.
We make them money.

Thanks to you 3 dear friends for visiting me.
Love,
Herrad