Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Another Good Appointment.

 
Jan Steen.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Steen


This lunchtime had an appointment about a neck support so that I can sit without any stress or strain to my neck.

The appointment was with Annelies from ARCA, Harm from Welzorg, Johanneke my occupational therapist and a man, and did not catch his name, from the suppliers of the Focal neck support.

It was a good appointment, certainly after the initial bumpy start, due to me worrying about what the headrest would be like.

 As it is it is excellent, gives me good support but leaves my quite free, was worried it           would be something constrictive like a neck brace but it is not it is very good.

Great to get such a useful support, another good thing is that the neck support was left with me to try it out.

 Have to let Johanneke know at our Friday appointment if it is good for me or not, nice that I can try it out in my own time.

 Better than having to make a snap decision as usually is the case, hate those moments as itis very difficult to say within minutes whether equipment if suitable or not.

Which is normally the case, hate having to say whether something works or not after 5 minutes.

Today things were different and I am sitting here now with my new neck support which I can test drive until this Friday.

9 comments:

Karen said...

Excellent news Herrad. It is so good that you get to test drive the neck support. Hope it works well for you.
Cheers,
Karen

Herrad said...

Hi Karen,
Good to see your comment, thanks for your visit.
It is good to be able to test the neck support for a csouple of days in my own time.
Keep warm.
Love,
Herrad

janis said...

This is good news! How wonderful to get to give it a test run too. (Good marketing). I hope that this neck support will give you the support without restriction that you need.
BTW~ I just got around to reading your post from Saturday, with the lovely photo of Spike & his wheelchair. How is he getting about? Has he gotten use to it & enjoys his movement now?
Also~ regarding touching base with old friends from Spain & Trinadad, have you considered Facebook? I don't know how popular that is over across the big pond, but I recently joined and have been overjoyed about getting in touch with childhood friends as well as college buddies. It is quite fun to run across an old friend & be able to pick up where we left off. even though I do not see these friends face to face, I love sharing photos of our families as well as remembering old memories.
Well, I best be getting some things done today. Love to you~ Janis

Anonymous said...

No one can ever tell in 5 minutes, and that is truly the time given for some things. Wonderful that you can really get the feel of it & then report back. ~Mary

JC said...

That's great news !!!

My snow has melted and the rain arrived. Today is a mix of wet and cold with a bit of sun trying to appear.

Just got back from getting bird suets for my bird tv. (my cats are all indoor and I feed the birds for their window entertainment)

I'm off to sew some snaps on my daughter's dress.

Hugs to YOU,

xo xo xo xo xo xo xo

Herrad said...

Hi Janis,
The neck support is excellent, so far I am very pleased with it.
Much better than the one I had.
Spike is getting on pretty good with the wheelchair especially when he smells something interesting then he is off and there is no stopping him.
I am on face book too sadly can't find you hope you can find me.
Hugs.

Hi Mary,
It is good that I can test it out until Friday which is excellent for a change.

Hi JC,
Our snow is still here and is ice now but by the end of next week it will be milder and damper.
Hope the birds enjoyed the bird suet and the cats the TV show.

Thanks to you 3 dear friends for coming by and visiting me lovely to see your comments.
The new neck support is better than the one I had, for both of us, for Richie it is easier to put on and take off and for me it gives me good support as and when I need it.
Keep warm.
Love,
Herrad

Libby said...

herrad, what happy news!!! hugs to all of you!!

Webster said...

So far, so good, as far as the new neck support goes. If it will help relieve some fatigue, it's a good thing. It's so nice to see you keeping your spirits up. How are your Christmas party plans coming along?

Herrad said...

Hi Libby,
Agree getting the new neck support is good.

Hi Webster,
The new neck is working well, you are right that it is helpful.
The party plans are coming along well thanks.


Thanks to you 2 dear friends for coming by.
Yesterdays appointment was useful, finally getting good neck support.
Love,
Herrad