Saturday, September 04, 2010

Enjoy The Day.



Gustave Courbet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustave_Courbet

''I am fifty years old and I have always lived in freedom; let me end my life free; when I am dead let this be said of me: 'He belonged to no school, to no church, to no institution, to no academy, least of all to any régime except the régime of liberty.''
Gustave Courbet.


Got to sleep fairly easily last nighthelped by the weed cakes, but sadly got woken up by some people shouting outside on the street.

Sounded like the new day had started and these were people working outside, when I reluctantly opened my eyes I immediately saw it was still very dark outside.

Discovered it was only 04.00 and the people outside were probably drunken people taking bottles with them to carry on drinking somewhere else.

Because I could not get back off to sleep, I got more THC from Richie and slept again really quickly which was very good.

Today the thick lid of clouds that has been over the city for the last month is trying to disperse.

There has been a flash of glorious sunshine which has been blotted out several times by huge clouds.

The temperature is supposed to g o up to 20 degrees Celsius, hope the cold wind goes away so we can really enjoy a late summer.

This year our summer has not been good, one good week at the end of April, it was 6 degrees Celsius and lovely balmy weather.

Was brilliant weather for my first trip outside, made the mistake of thinking that the weather would stay good.

The next day the 30 April was dismal, storm, rain and dreary, such a horrible contrast to the warm sunny day before.

The 30 of April is the Queen’s official birthday and there are street parties, it is the one day people can have an unlicensed stall and sell things, sadly it was a washout.

May was cool and cloudy and raining and so was June, the last days of June it got warm and then boiling hot this lasted until the final of the World Cup, which was mid July, when the weather cooled considerably.

Summer seemed to depart in August and an early autumn arrived; all these weather changes have not been easy to cope with.

MS does not like such weather changes they are all difficult to get used to looking forward to getting used to some warm weather soon.

Did not enjoy wearing an extra layer plus blanket over my legs seemed too early to do that in August.

Whatever it is like today I will enjoy the day.

11 comments:

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad!

Have pleasant Saturday! Hugs to you and Richie and the dogs!

Herrad said...

Hi Stephany,
Hope your Saturday is a pleasant.
Hugs.
Love,
Herrad

Muffie said...

Your weather has been the total opposite of ours. We've had such hot, humid, almost oppressive days that for once, I'll be glad to see Fall. So sorry you have such awful pain, but isn't it great that your Richie is so handy and can make those wonderful cakes for you!
Peace,
Muff

Herrad said...

Hi Muff,
Richie looks after me very well.
Sorry to hear your weather has been so unbearable.
Have a good day.
Love,
Herrad

Travelogue for the Universe said...

Such a nice quote and painting.
Have a great week. Nice weather here. We are picking today and canning tomorrow. Grew cylindrical beets-easy to slice! Going to pickle some of those.
Love, Mary

Libby said...

herrad, it is strange to have a blanket over my legs in august!

Herrad said...

Hi Mary,
Glad you liked the quote and the painting.
I have never heard of cylindrical beetroot before.
Weather is supposed to get better here soon.
Hope it is tomorrow.

Hi Libby,
I felt strange too, August and I am wrapped up in a blanket with a warm scarf round my neck.
Last year it was still very hot now.

Thanks you two dear friends for coming by.
Have a good day tomorrow.
Love,
Herrad

Bibliotekaren said...

Doh! Herrad, sorry you've got the street noise to contend with. I used to live in a neighborhood in Seattle that was considered rather boring and gentrified except for the sports bar close to my apartment. Gads - if the racket didn't wake most of us at 2am.

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Donna

Webster said...

We make too much drama around the weather ... because we don't get enough of the good stuff! You do well at finding the sun in the rainiest of days.

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello Herrad:)

Greetings and good wishes:)

The quote is thought provoking.

When death comes it levels every body whether they are kings or queens,presidents or prime ministers,laborer or a qualified professional.But having faith in the purpose of living is something that no one should give up.I am always reminded of the story of Job in the Bible in such cases.

All of us have a purpose and it does not necessarily mean that we should achieve something great or achieve name or fame.Most of us are ordinary human beings trying to live the best we can and go through the ups and downs of life.

I remember the saying-HE ALSO SERVES WHO STANDS AND WAITS.
The rose flower will be as beautiful in your garden as it will be in a remote place where no one will be there to appreciate its beauty. Its purpose it seems to me is glorify God.

I read the account you gave of climate change in your place.Sudden climate changes affects even normal people like us. So I can appreciate your problem.

I am always inspired visiting your blog.It gives me energy,confidence and strength to carry on.

My best wishes to you and Richie.
May God bless you both:)
Joseph

Herrad said...

Hi Donna,
Horrible isn't to get woken up by drunk people, they always seem to turn up the music and if outside you get treated to dull, repetitive conversations which are shouted at each other.
It is sunny but cool today.

Hi Webster,
Thanks for your sweet comment, I always think it is good to look and find the silver lining.

Hi Joseph,
Thanks for your visit and comment, good to hear you find my blog inspiring.

Thanks you three dear friends for coming by, appreciate your comments.
Have a good day.
Love,
Herrad