Saturday, June 05, 2010

Sunny Day











South American Art.

What a difference a week makes, it is a beautiful sunny Saturday here today, a wonderful contrast to last week Saturday when it was cold and grey and raining.

Nice that summer has come back again, seems that we were getting cold northerly winds here recently from the Artic, someone was telling me this was all thanks to the Finnish volcano erupting.

Think that is far fetched I can't see the connection, but there are always grand theories floating around about events that we can not explain.

Very hot here today, think it must be about 25 degrees, sadly heard that the UK are expecting thunderstorms and a drop in temperature tomorrow, hope not as I am just getting used to it being this way.

The warm weather has had the usual impact on my MS and me, my fingers feel like jumbo sausages straining to burst their skins, not a pleasant feeling.

My spasms got more frequent and my arms feel even more inflexible and difficult to move especially first thing, hate being woken up because of my arms.

They really feel like solid blocks that wake me up by wrapping around each other and then fold over each other, this wakes me up very unpleasantly.

Also noticing that I am floppier in the hot weather so getting my shoulders off the bed with the help of the trapeze is not as easy as in the cooler weather.

The plus side is that I can go outside without being wrapped up, apart from a hat to protect me from the sun.

Looking forward to Richie being back soon from shopping and getting me out of bed and under the shower.

Going to enjoy going out today in this balmy sunny summer weather and enjoy it along with all the other happy people.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Herrad: Stay cool....we are in our 4th day of 90 plus degree heat. On our cruise it didn't get above 65 degrees and we got off the ship to 89 degrees.

Summer is officially here in the US.

Herrad said...

Hi Anne,
Lovely to get your comment hope you had a great time on your cruise.
I am keeping cool today had the fan right next to me.
Love,
Herrad

janis said...

Good Evening Herrad~
Hope you had a lovely day, not to hot I hope. My husband will be heading to UK in a few weeks for bussiness trip. I do not know what part. Am I understanding that you live somewhere in the UK? My Geography is terrible.

Travelogue for the Universe said...

I put cool clothes on neck and wrists. Keep cool. Muggy here and storms on he way. Have a great week, Love, Mary

Webster said...

Summer hasn't made it to my neck of the world yet. Today they claim it hit 70F, but I don't believe it. Maybe tomorrow.

Hope you had a lovely venture outside. It's been a loooong time coming. Maybe wait until just before dusk, such a pleasant time of a hot day.

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad,

Sunny and 70 degrees here Saturday and today (Sunday morning)dark and raining again!

Herrad said...

Hi Janis,
Saturday was very hot nearly 30 degrees, managed to keep cool.
I live in Amsterdam in The Netherlands.

Hi Mary,
Do the same with a cool cloth in my neck.
Got pretty hot here.

Hi Webster,
Your advice about not going out until disk is very good.

Hi Stephany,
Same here Saturday beautiful Sunday not/

Thanks all of you dear friends for coming by.
Love,
Herrad