Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring Flowers.












The flowers yesterday really brightened up the room; they are doing the same today.

Darling Richie made my day getting the mini daffodils.

They are a flower that I am very fond of, love seeing daffs in March; they are for me the personification of spring.

He put the spring flowers and the lavender by the window in the front room so they could catch the morning sun.

That was successful, even though there was not much sun when Richie opened the curtains at this morning.

There was a glimmer which was the first signs of the daffodils in the trough starting to bloom.

Think the daffodils should be flowering by Wednesday next week which will be charming for Easter weekend.

That reminds me of Easter two years ago, when I wanted an Easter egg, but kept saying to Richie ‘ach don’t worry about Easter egg as a bar is much better value’.

What I did not realise was that I kept telling Richie this and he quickly came to the conclusion that I desperately wanted an Easter egg.

If I had said it just the once, Richie may have believed, but after he heard me say this more than 5 times, he thought it was abit of a giveaway.

So he got one, a Green and Black’s egg which was very pretty and looked good and tasted even better.

What I especially like is the fact the chocolate is fair-trade which means workers and not slaves.

Before I take a bite into a chocolate bar, I do stop to think about who grew the cacao that made my chocolate bar.



If it is not Fair Trade chocolate then it is possibly one of the more than 15,000 child slaves who work on cacao farms in West Africa.

Does that chocolate still taste good? No it won’t, certainly not for me, so I will not buy it.

Lucky for me there is a whole food shop 5 minutes away from our apartment so I can enjoy a couple of cubes of chocolate daily.

Looking forward to watching the football later on the TV, it is getting very exciting now as the end of the football season approaches rapidly.

Hope that my team, Arsenal do very well, but will have to wait and see.

In the meantime I am enjoying today.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How happy to see such joyfull photography of you two !
With Easter break over here and no lessons for the next two weeks, happiness indeed seems to be around.
Wishing you two a wonderful Sunday.

Travelogue for the Universe said...

Great post as usual. Nice pic's.Happy spring!
Love Mary

weeble said...

Lovely photos of you, Richie, and the beautiful assortment of spring flowers. I hope you get another delicious egg this easter. What kind of chocolate do you prefer? I have to say that I like rich milk chocolate.

Webster said...

Hi H & R,
It's nice to see a picture of the both of you together. You look happy today Herrad, actually both of you look happy. I like to see you smile.

And the flowers brighten the room immeasurably. It will be grand if the daffs bloom for Easter.

[so the trick to getting my DH to buy me some daffs, or a chocolate bunny, is to hint, hint, hint, hint, and hint?]

Bibliotekaren said...

Happy Spring -- love the colors and brightness. Take care, Donna

Amrita said...

Good morning Herrad, wishing you a bright sunny, flower scented day.

Both of you look so charming in the photos.

Don 't worry about the African chocolate. If you stop buying them, then perhaps many will lose their jobs. You are doing it to alleviate poverty, I look at it this way at times.

soulful sepulcher said...

Love the photos of you and Richie! Have a happy Sunday evening/afternoon.

HUGS

Herrad said...

Hi Robert,
Lovely to see your lovely comment.
Have an enjoyable Easter holiday.
Hope your weekend was nice.

Hi Mary,
Thanks for coming by and leaving your comment.

Hi Weeble,
Nice to see your comment, thanks for coming by.
I like milk chocolate with extra cocoa, guess that is rich milk too.

Hi Webster,
Thanks for your visit and cheerful comment.
The flowers are pretty, the daffs are flowering now.
Keep hinting.

Hi Donna,
Thanks for your visit and comment really appreciate it.
You take care too.

Hi Amrita,
Thanks for your visit and comment.
It is nice the photos are so good.

Hi Stephany,
Thanks for your visit and comment.
Glad you like the photos.
Hope your weekend was good.

Thanks for coming by and leaving your lovely comments.
Have a good tomorrow.
Love,
Herrad