Thursday, June 12, 2008

Worrying days.

Two very stressful days, a sore developing on my bum and blood in my urine.

The doctor talked to a urologist who says this happens alot with catheters.

Have to stop taking the anti blood clot pills for a week, to see if that helps.

Doctor was here yesterday and will be here tomorrow.

Richie is doing his best to stop the sore developing

He gently showers my bottom every morning and night and dabs it dry gently before putting cream on it to stop the skin getting fragile.

Its all very worrying and I am having to focus on staying calm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about a new sore. I use a donut pillow when I even feel a twinge. A lot of docs don't recommend them, but I swear by the donut pillow as it has helped relieve pressure better than just rotating body parts.

Take care,
Anne

Diane J Standiford said...

I use A&D ointment. Anne has good idea and my lift chair puts me in hundreds of positions. You have good reason to worry, but you are taking action, all will heal with time. Sending good thoughts your way. This too shall pass. Oh, and MS sucks.

Chatterness said...

My mother got the sores on her heels. It sux. She was prescirbed an ointment that heeled them rapidly. I will get the name of the mediation for you. Stay strong!